Redefine Fitness While Pregnant – But Don’t Stop Exercising
Being pregnant means you have to redefine what is peak fitness. That does not mean you have to give up exercising entirely – you just have to re-evaluate what it means to be fit when carrying a baby. This will change with each trimester and for the months following birth. Naturally, your diet and your exercise regime will change and evolve, some sports and exercises will be out, but new ones can come in and there are many good reasons why you should continue your exercises while pregnant:
Physical Health Reasons
- Builds muscles to help carry weight of your child.
- Reduces lower back pain.
- Increases heart rate.
- Lowers blood pressure.
Emotional Health Reasons:
- Releases endorphins and reduces mood swings.
- Distracts from being pregnant.
- Prepares you mentally for birth.
- Better sleep at night.
Reasons the Baby Benefits:
- Improved brain function, reduced changes of learning difficulties.
- Better child diet and less likely to be an overweight child.
- Less chance of postpartum depression.
- Easier to get back to pre-pregnancy body shape, size and weight.
- Helps you get back into fitness quicker.
These are just a pick of the reasons why you can redefine your peak fitness while pregnant and reap the benefits. If you’d like to know about more of these, check out the 35 reasons to exercise while pregnant.